Lilly and Maggie are going to participate in a Walk-A-Thon next week, to benefit Haiti. Maggie and Lilly both have a goal to walk at least 30 laps laps each, to rasie money to help fund medical support for earthquake victims.
If you'd like to support them in this effort, let us know! You can make a pledge for each lap (example: $1/lap), or you can make a maximum pledge.
Each lap is 1/3 mile, so I'll have some tired children next week!
On a kind of related, but not totally sidenote, when we park in the parking garage at the hospital, there are several speed checks so people drive safer around children. When we park and there aren't any cars coming in, the children run toward the speed checker. Maggie got 10MPH, Lilly got 7MPH, and Josh got 11MPH. Fast children, but I don't know how long their sprint speed would last. Oh, and Andy got 13MPH. He's my oldest baby ;)
1 comment:
Oh I vaguely remember those speed checks at Children's. When we were there last - 4 years ago- they were doing major construction. I bet a lot has changed!
So how do we make a "pledge"? I've never done anything like that before. I'd like to help out though!
Post a Comment