A few days before we got to go visit home, I went to get my blood pressure checked. It's always run borderline high, but with exercise it's stayed on the good side of the border. Knowing I'd need to have a physical for the adoption process, I had a nurse check it. WAY too high. So, I now have a doctor in Seattle, and while it was a long inward battle for me to actually take the first BP pill, my blood pressure is going down, slowly, but it is going down.
So, to go with that lovely week, when we arrived at the house, I read all the mail from that week. There was a letter from the IRS, saying that we didn't report something right and that if we couldn't support what we put, then we owe $863. I am not a dishonest person, and would never try something like that. During the 4 days home, I cleaned again. This time, it wasn't for "fun," rather to find the 2008 tax paperwork that wasn't in the accordion file (which had every other year in it but that one). Finally, the night before we came back to Seattle, I found it in an obscure folder that was in our homeowner's binder. Our house is now clean.
After we got back to Seattle, the children got to do a soccer clinic with James Riley, of the Seattle Sounders FC (I hope I typed that right). The Seattle soccer team. James is awesome, and he has volunteered at the House a couple times. Great guy. Always has cool shoes too. :)
Depending on the blood counts, we should be able to visit home again, later this week and next week. But, we might not go over until the weekend so that we can have Maggie's birthday party here (Seattle) before we go. Her 9th birthday is tomorrow, but I didn't have time to plan a party before then, so we're thinking Friday or Saturday. It all depends on House schedules.
No comments:
Post a Comment