Saturday, July 2, 2011

On the path back to health

As soon as our extended family left for home on Monday, I got a sore throat.
Tuesday, I could barely move, with aches, pains, coughing up gunk, headache, etc.
Finally today, it is better, although my head is still stuffy, and my nose is running faster than a marathon runner.

I've been so nervous and frustrated the last several months.
My hip/hip flexor/ilioinguinal ligament has been giving me so much pain.
It has been so bad, I seriously thought at one time that a hip replacement might be necessary.
It's hard not to overthink things when you can't walk without severe pain, feeling like your leg is falling off.

Nervous because we're going on Anthony's Make-a-Wish trip to Florida in just a few weeks, and there's no way I'd survive without a wheelchair.
Then I realized, the hip pain wasn't there when I had 15 less pounds on my body.
The chips and other foods we're thrilled for Anthony to eat have been too easy for me to access as well.

So, yesterday I started going to the local track for a mile in the morning and evening.
My goal is to not need a wheelchair in Florida.
Haven't needed one yet, and I really don't want to ruin what should be a trip of a lifetime!

With more awareness of healthy habits, comes healthier relationships, behaviors, and work.

Andy woke the children up earlier this week with the assignment of the garden.

Before~
After~



Stripes




Josh's new shoes are missing the aglets from the laces now.

It was funny to watch Anthony chew them off though.


Yesterday, the older children came with me to order carpet.

It took over an hour of waiting for a signature that should've taken 10-15 minutes.

When we returned, Lilly and Maggie had made a nice luncheon for us all.

There were pb&j sandwiches, honey/pb sandwiches, salad, strawberries on pineapple slices, and ice water.

It was so good!

They were happy to have something to cross off in their goal book. :)

Last night, we had enchiladas.

Anthony loves the filling.

Evidently his whole face loves it too.

See his high chair up close to the table?!!

1 comment:

L said...

Sarah, I met you at Church in Seattle once and I have been reading your blog because I am helping with the Welcome kits Seattle 3rd ward is collecting for Children's hospital. But, I wanted to comment on your hip pain. I don't know if it is the same as what I had, but for years now on and off I would get pain in my hip making it hard to lift my knee up. About 1 1/2 years ago I went to a podiatrist and I got orthotics for my feet, the bonus was it helped my hip problem too.