Sunday, August 31, 2014

2014 Epic Road Trip -- August 14

After our restful (because of staying 2 nights) and fun stay in Lava, we were ready to continue on our trip.
We drove to Idaho Falls and got to visit with our friends/family from Alaska.
Dawna and Wade were like family with us when Andy and I were first married.
We spent Christmas at their home, Dawna cared for Daniel when I worked at the library, and I was able to babysit for them in the early days before they found their house.
A few years back, they moved back "to the States" so they could be near grandchildren.
It was so good to see them again, and I have a feeling we'll spend more time together as our children start going to college.

We figured that Josh's ankle didn't need to be seen the day after it was injured, since there were no purple lines, and the medical facilities would definitely be better the day after that, when we'd get to Idaho Falls.
He iced it regularly and took ibuprofen to help with swelling.
It still was swollen like this though, when we finally got to a clinic in Idaho Falls.
 We found a hotel that looked decent, and found out they had good rates.
We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Idaho Falls.
It was very nice, EXCELLENT service, and breakfast.
We were very impressed with them.

While driving around the city that day, I saw a fun looking Mexican restaurant near the mall.
So dinner was at Garcia's.
I can't even begin to describe how delicious my food was, and I wasn't even able to eat half of it!




Another picture that I'm not sure if I posted before or not.
This is from when we were at the Denver, Colorado temple.

No comments: