Here's a long view to the lake where we played in the night before.
Such a pretty site!
The crazy ants.
If you dropped a crumb, they were ON IT within seconds.
I think these were honey smack cereal pieces.
On the short drive back to civilization
rest stop
When we were in Dallas, a friend had suggested we eat at Braum's.
We didn't have time to turn around while there, and thought we missed our chance.
But, there were several we passed on the highways!
So, we decided to stop at one for lunch.
The place was packed.
There weren't any tables not taken, so we took over half of a corner booth while some guys were on the other half.
It was good!
rest stop
I thought this rest stop at Kansas was the prettiest we'd seen.
One again, my camera doesn't do it justice, but it was bright, cheerful, updated, and so clean!
We thought it was interesting because at the rest stop was a McDonald's and a gas station.
They support the rest stop, get business, and get advertising.
Sunflower floor
KANSAS
Kelly
My awesome visiting teacher from over a decade ago!
Julia and her family live in Kansas, so we got to go see them!
Anthony was kissing and hugging the girls and climbing on the boys.
We stayed at Spring Lake RV Resort, about 45 minutes from Wichita.
The pool was freezing!
I was worried about tornadoes, and there were so many pretty clouds with different, weird colors.
So the whole time we swam, I watched the clouds in fear of them turning green (tornado color).
Then, a downpour started.
We ran, soaking wet, into the van and got back to our tents as fast as we could.
That night, there weren't any tornadoes, but there was a serious midwest storm going on!
The wind was so strong, it tried to blow our tent away, with us in it!
Andy and I had to use our legs and feet to hold the sides of the tent from blowing on us.
The rain would downpour for 20 minutes or so at a time, then stop for an hour or so, then do it all over again.
And the thunder and lightning!
I've never been in a storm like this before, and we were in tents!
My friends have said that's the way midwestern storms are.
If I had known, we would have taken Julia up on her offer to stay in her downstairs.
Sorry Julia!
There were thousands of frogs at this campground.
It was fun and educational entertainment for the kids and for Andy.
The campground was nice, clean, and had everything we needed--laundry, pool (even if freezing), and a safe site for camping.
No comments:
Post a Comment