Sunday, August 24, 2014

2014 Epic Road Trip -- July 26

Happy to be back on the road again!!

 Denver, Colorado Temple



 I brought my Seattle Seahawks shirt to proudly wear/display while going through Colorado...
But, after the amazing hospitality and kindness we were shown while stuck, I thought it would be too rude to wear the shirt.
But, it was my last clean one, so I wore it.
Walking around the temple, we got some looks and whispers and Kelly said someone actually glared at me!
I still think the people of Colorado are very kind.  ;)
 We ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and Lilly was climbing the tree while I was making them.
We actually came up with a good routine for lunches.  
I would make several while Andy drove, or vice versa.
If we stopped specifically to make lunch, we would take way too long to get going to our destination again.
We tried doing a variety of lunches, but found that less was wasted when we did pb & j.  
Or, we had stuff that was like Nutella.

 rest stop
 still in COLORADO
Representing the 12's in enemy territory...
 NEBRASKA
rest stop
Coming out of the Denver Temple area, I was thinking we were already in one city when we actually hadn't reached it.  We had been headed toward it on the way to the temple, but hadn't gone there.
Because of that, we ended up driving an extra hour or so on this day.
We drove literally in the middle of nowhere, but it was pretty.
There was corn, soy, and cows everywhere!

Camped at Holiday RV Park Campground.
It was good for laundry and swimming, but huge beetle bugs and lots of mosquitoes since it was near a small river.

No comments: