Monday, August 25, 2014

2014 Epic Road Trip -- July 30

There were kayak rentals at our campground.
We ALL (except Anthony) went out and had fun on the lake.
Two at a time since there were two kayaks.
This was so much fun!!!



 INDIANA
rest stop
 rest stop
 We went to Indiana to see our friend/family, Andrea.
Andrea and her family are like family with us, as we met at the Ronald McDonald House in Seattle.
Andrea is a SURVIVOR and is an all-around awesome person.  
So, she suggested we meet at a frozen yogurt place, Orange Leaf.
It was beautiful in the store, and so yummy!
And the choices of flavors of frozen yogurt were just phenomenal and almost too many to count!



 Hard to see, but the tile on the frozen yogurt wall was just beautiful and fabulous.


 Indiana water has lyme in it, and calcium, I think.
I couldn't handle the color (on the right), so we bought some more bottled water earlier than we planned.
Usually, we'd refill our water bottles for about 2 days each before buying a new package.
I am a spoiled Washington girl who likes her clear water.
 rest stop
 Louisville, Kentucky Temple

The Louisville Temple was surrounded by so many beautiful estates/homes.
I loved the rolling hills!

Louisville itself was a beautiful city, and since we got lost, we drove around it a couple times.
There was one area we drove through that looked so neat and like it was straight out of a movie!

We stayed at the Breckinridge Inn in Louisville.
That hotel was the size of a city block, at least!
It was more run down, but had what we needed:  clean beds, showers, great price, breakfast (not always necessary though), and a pool.
They actually had 2 pools, one indoor and one out.
The lifeguards sat, reading their books or magazines, and then talking with their friends when they came by later.
I was not impressed with them, but I feel that parents should be watching their children while in pools anyway.

No comments: